Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School!

Fall is here! In most ways I consider Fall to be my “New Year”. Much more than January 1st. New weather, new routine, new clothes…a fresh start. I love Fall! Can’t wait to go pick pick apples and hunt for the perfect pumpkin!

Of course I did some back to school crafting and I’ll get to that, but first…

Today was the first day of Kindergarten for the little man! Isn’t he handsome?

110_3714

The PTA was there giving out flowers to all the new Fanning Elementary families. Carter gave one to me…so sweet of him. If I wasn’t already on the verge of tears, I was then!

110_3718

I have to say, I did much better than I expected I would. Shed one little tear as he headed into to classroom, but otherwise held it together very well! Surprising because I figured I’d be a total mess!

110_3719

Here is a shot of him settling into his classroom. I know it blurry…cut me some slack. I took it through the window paparazzi style!

110_3722

As soon as I got home, my PTA flower found a home and some new friends on our dining room table.

110_3727

And last but not least…a few back to school crafts for your viewing pleasure!

A new snack bag for Carter following this tutorial at Skip to My Lou. I know, I'm so green :) I didn’t use oil cloth though. I used some super cute Michael Miller fabric and covered it in iron-on vinyl. So fun! I love that stuff!

110_3736

And a super cheesy gift for the new teacher using this tutorial from Oops I Craft my Pants…I laugh every time I say that!

110_3705

Happy Fall friends!

-E

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...