Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday!

I hope you all are having a lovely week so far! The weather has been so pretty here. We are headed to the park this afternoon to enjoy some sunshine!

Today’s weight is….well I’m not sure! Our scale seems to me malfunctioning this morning! So I will try again tomorrow and update the post. How are you all doing? I am still struggling. Ugh. I know that meal planning and getting snacky things OUT of the house have always been huge for me…just need to do it!

I am following a new blogger who is posting a weekly menu so I am going to follow along with her. Simple organic recipes. Go visit The Weekly Plate for more details.

Even though I couldn’t weigh in…I still want to pass along a yummy recipe to you today!

Peppermint Plum shared this BEAUTIFUL veggie tray with us on my Made With Love Monday link party! Doesn’t it look yummy? Like eating a rainbow!

image

I love hummus and I found a really easy recipe on All Recipes the other day! We made it using our fancy new mini food processor courtesy of my Twitter friend @huntschef! She blessed me with this new toy just before Christmas. I love it! And I can’t wait to play with it some more. I think guac is next! Anyhow…the hummus recipe!

image

Extra Easy Hummus

Ingredients
  • 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions
  1. In a blender or food processor combine garbanzo beans, garlic, cumin, salt and olive oil. Blend on low speed, gradually adding reserved bean liquid, until desired consistency is achieved.

*The NI is available on the site so you can figure out the Points Plus value. Or you can just look up hummus in your tracker.

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. I am down to 147 from 155 since Jan. 1! Since last week...not sure what the loss was, but I think it was 2 lbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome shout out! Love reading thru your blog so far..ahhhh wish i could cast away my fear of sewing. :)

    Tamlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to the new Points+ Program. Since I re-joined 2 weeks ago I've lost 3.6. Seriously awesome, because the weight I joined this time is the weight I was "stuck" at for MONTHS last time around. Exciting stuff!

    I also love that veggie tray - carrots, celery, apples, bananas, mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...